You are facing difficult and confusing decisions – we know this can be a stressful time and also a time personal growth. Our professional counsellors will help you to look at options and help you decide which one is best for you. These options could include parenting the baby yourself (with or without the other parent), getting support from relatives, or making an adoption plan.
We offer ongoing support (based on what you need) and make sure you have access to the resources and referrals you need.
We offer non judgmental, unbiased services, which means we never pressure you to make a decision and are sensitive to your situation. The best interests of your child are our primary concern. Here are some of the ways we can work with you:
- We will offer you the counselling and support you need in order to make an informed decision for you and your child
- We ensure that you can obtain free legal advice
- We can connect you to other birth parents who have volunteered to share their stories and offer peer support
- We can also refer you to a birth parent support group, where you can talk to other parents who have faced the same decisions.
- We make sure you have the resources you need, such as a connection to medical services, additional counselling, or programs such as those offered by BC Women’s Pregnancy and Health Centre.
Ultimately, you are fully in control of whatever decision is right for you. You decide whether to parent or to choose to make an adoption plan. We support you in whatever you choose to do.
Languages: We offer services in languages including Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi, Cantonese, Spanish and Urdu.
Fees: All of our services to birth parents are free and respect your privacy.
Where To Find Us/Reach Us:
Family Services of Greater Vancouver – Licensed Adoption Agency
301 – 1638 E Broadway, Vancouver BC V5N 1W1
Call 604-736-7613 or toll-free 1-866-582-3678 to learn more about adoption.
General adoption inquiries (Link to Adoption Contact Form)