Directions Youth Services Centre re-opens in original location
Directions Youth Services Centre —a round-the-clock support to provide the city’s homeless and most vulnerable youth with the resources needed to deal with the root causes of homelessness and the skills to make positive, healthy choices—has moved back to its original location at 1138 Burrard St, which is now a brand new, state-of-the-art facility that includes much needed housing for youth. Directions is operated by Family Services of Greater Vancouver.
Speakers at the ribbon-cutting ceremony include:
- Joanne Hausch, Board Chair, Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- Caroline Bonesky, CEO, Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- Calum Scott, Director of Youth Services, Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- Brian DeMuy, Board Vice Chair, Family Services of Greater Vancouver
- Youth participant
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
11:00 am – 1:00 pm (formal program begins at noon)
Directions Youth Services Centre
1138 Burrard St (Between Davie & Helmcken), Vancouver BC
Program Highlights/Best Visuals:
- Formal program will begin at noon
- Opportunities to tour the new centre between 11:00 am – noon
- Large mural along Directions main centre space, provides a good visual. This mural is a collage of large photos of actual murals and graffiti located throughout the streets of Vancouver.
- Electronic Arts executives will be onsite for ribbon cutting of the state-of-the-art media centre within Directions and to unveil a mural painted by youth and staff, following the formal program (approximate time – 12:30)
Representatives from Family Services of Greater Vancouver will be available for interviews following the event. For additional information or to schedule an interview prior to the opening, please call Leah Zille, Director of Communications at 604-731-4951 ext 4023 or e-mail email@example.com.
PARKING: There is a pay lot behind Directions that can be accessed from Davie Street. There are several others within blocks of the building and there is meter parking in front of the building on Burrard St.